Thursday, September 2, 2010

Movin' on up (or down, whichever way is South)...

Goodbye Rocky Mountain high, hello El Paso!  After packing, packing, packing we finally left little Salida and started the journey down South.  We spent a beautiful night at the hot springs in Truth or Consequences, which turned out to the last little bit of paradise I'll see for a while.  Don't get me wrong, as my native El Pasoan friend Sid tells me, there is beauty to be found in the desert Southwest.  But apparently, its a little less in-your-face beautiful than what I'm used to.  And he's probably not talking about the 5 o'clock traffic.

After a rough transition involving three days of house-hunting in 105 degrees with no air conditioning in my car, no map of El Paso, and no nice lady in the GPS to tell me where the next turn is, we finally made it to the new casa.  Where's the natural food store again?




OK, so we've got the house, complete with sand box and climbing tree, now comes the community.  Luckily, I found a nanny for Wil before we moved and a fellow student roomate to share expenses 
and to experiences.  Wil loves his nanny, Katie, and we love our roomie Jillian (photo on right) and her pooch Milo.  The neighborhood is safe, albeit surburbia, with the everpresent Applebees, Albertsons and Target Greatland across the road.  We're in, and visiting Target daily.

Next post...La Cultura de la Frontera, or is this Mexico or America?

No comments:

Post a Comment